Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm Keepin' a Look Out!

Our local USCIS officer told my social worker he would be working on the 171 approval's this week! They only get to do them about every six weeks and it's been about eight now. My homestudy has been in for over a month and fingerprinting for two months. So hopefully ours will be in the next round of approvals! I know I'll be checkin' my mailbox everyday for the next few weeks!
For those not adopting internationally...a 171 approval is the go ahead from immigrations to proceed with your adoption. Our Liberian agency does not like to give out referrals, (letting you have any information on any child you might be interested in) until you have your 171 approval, so there are no surprises or time wasted if we are rejected for any reason. It is the first of many hurdles in the adoption marathon.
I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Tama, you are cracking me up! All these posts requests of yours! I'm going to post right now, just for you and should be posting really fun stuff next week!

Love ya,
Brandi

alice said...

Tama,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Our Abby is like an only child because of the age gap and she is so looking forward to having siblings close to her. Actually my concern is that she'll smother-mother them :D

Blu and Darbi said...

We're still waiting with you Tama! We've had our stuff in as long as you, but our USCIS (Texas) is processing those that were received May 11...ours was received June 26. Praying yours gets here soon!!

Love,
Darbi

~tmc~ said...

Hi Tama--Just wanted to say hello!
Hope you get your I-171 approval very soon!

Traci

Just A Family said...

let us know...
Robin