Monday, September 10, 2007

OUR 171 is HERE!!! I Think!

My social worker told me today that our local USCIS officer told her he did about 15 or so in the last few weeks but didn't tell her whose. However, her fax machine is broken so she doesn't know whose they are!!!! But she did say he usually does all the ones on his desk and our application and fingerprining have been in for 3 months and the homestudy was submitted over 6 weeks ago!

Prayer request: Donna at Acres of Hope told me about a 12 year old special needs girl on Saturday. I asked if she could get some more information as she knew very little. Yesterday during church I felt the Lord gave me the name "Mercy" for a child He was going to give us at some point. Donna called again last night to tell me some details on her. Her name is...you guessed it..."Mercy"! Is that the Lord! I will not go into too much detail as we have not officially accepted her referral. But I will say she is in imminent need of medical attention. She is actually 14 and weighs only 60lbs. My 7 year old weighs 55lbs and she's a bean pole! Another little girl we have been considering since May is two weeks younger than our daughter. They both turn 8 in November. She too has medical issues and are not sure if it would be too much to deal with both. But sometimes the Lord gives us situations and gives us the grace to rise to the occasion.

I love the story of Tony Campolo who was to speak at a church. As the pastor introduced him he also told of a need of a family who was about to lose their house due to the father losing his job and would Tony please pray for this family when he came up. Tony for a long time was silent as he looked out over the audience and finally shook his head... "No!" he said. "I'm sorry, but I will not pray for this family! I got fifty bucks in my pocket, how much do you have?" Sometimes I think we can over analyze/pray about something we already know God simply wants us to take action on.

I have calls into pediatric doctors and the specialists at UNM Hospital and part of me feels like I need to count the cost. And the other part of me feels guilty for not trusting the Lord to "do the next thing", to "step out in faith" and trust Him to give the strength to endure 2 medically needy children.

So I ask for your prayers for wisdom and the peace to pursue and that God would show us His will in all this. He knows the future, we don't. We trust Him.

6 comments:

S and K said...

Tama,
What an incredible decision you have to make. We are praying for you. I know first hand that God does provide where He guides. We are bringing home three children, and so many folks have told us we are crazy! Yes we are crazy, and we're okay with that b/c we're doing the right thing (which is not always the smart thing, and certainly not the easy thing!)
I love the story you shared about Tony Campolo!
Blessings to you and your family!
Katy

Amber G. said...

Oh, Tama, I will be praying for you as you seek the Lord over this decision. I also know firsthand what it means to be praying and struggling through a major decision like this (read my story about our journey to Henry!!) God is so faithful to guide us as we seek Him. He uses so many ways to speak to us. I was just thinking about posting about some of the silly and seemingly insignificant things He used to confirm in our hearts that Henry was meant to be our son regardless of how crazy it seemed at times.
I will pray that God guides you so clearly and opens or closes the doors very obviously as you are praying and seeking further information.
You are on my heart. Thanks for sharing!

Amber G.
http://skywardjourney.wordpress.com

Brandi said...

Tama,

I'm praying that God makes His Will abundantly clear in more ways than you can count. Remember, His Sheep Know His Voice. . .you'll know when He speaks.

Love you,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Wow! THat gives me chills.... I'll keep praying for you, but it sounds like God has almost given you an answer!! Don't be afraid to hear him!!!! I'm so excited! Love, Denise

Richardson Family said...

Thanks for sharing your blog address. We got here after you posted on ours. We love to follow families in the same journey.
I see you are three now as we were too.
Our best to you.
The Richardson

Blu and Darbi said...

Congrats on the I-171H!!!! Hopefully ours will come soon! We'll be praying for you as God reveals to you what He has in store for your family!

God bless,
Darbi
www.tidwelladoption.blogspot.com