Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We FINALLY Have 171 Approval!

The local USCIS officer called me last night (after I left an urgent message friday) letting me know he completed our I-171H and we could pick it up today. So it is official...We have it in Hand! It was submitted 6/21/07. For those not in the adoption world, that means we can proceed as far as the US is concerned. Next step is finalization on the Liberia side which should take 2-4 weeks if expidited, Liberian passport should be within that week and then pre-visa interview can be scheduled within a week or two. At that time they will give us the ok to make travel arrangements for 2 weeks out. So, Hopefully by Thanksgiving, the latest Christmas! Poor Mercy, with no meat on her bones she's going to be cold!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

YEAH!!!! Praise the Lord! Can't wait for you to get these sweet girls home!

Brandi

thecurryseven said...

Hooray! That piece of paper always feels like a big hurdle. I hope the Liberian side goes quickly.

~tmc~ said...

That's wonderful news--Yay!!

Traci

Amber G. said...

Oh Tama, I am SOOOO glad for your wonderful news!!! Isn't it funny how such a small piece of paper can inspire such feelings of elation?!? :)
I'm praying the girls will be home by Thanksgiving! That would be a HUGE gift to be thankful for!!

With love and great rejoicing,
Amber

S and K said...

YAY... praise God!!! I also am praying these girls are home by Thanksgiving!
Love ya,
Katy