Friday, February 22, 2008

What Peter Might Have Written...

This was sent to someone on our Adoption Yahoo group who shared it with us:

I read something yesterday to Jody...

What did Peter think when he saw Jesus walking on the water in the midst of the storm and what did the disciples think? They might have written about it the next day (had they written in a journal)...

"There are times in a person's life when, even in the midst of them, you know you'll never be the same. Moments that forever serve as journey posts. This was one. I had never seen Jesus as I saw him then. I had seen him as powerful. I had seen him as wise. I had witnessed his authority and marveled at his abilities. But what I witnessed last night, I know I'll never forget. I saw God. The God who can't sit still when the storm is too strong. The God who lets me get frightened enough to need him and then comes close enough for me to see him. The God who uses my storms as his path to come to me. I saw God. It took a storm for me to see him. But I saw him. And I'll never be the same."

(this was sent to me by our friends...Jody is dying of AIDS and her husband is her loving care giver)

This also reminded me of trials through adoption and life in general. God is there in the storm...He is always there.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I love that. . oh my! Gave me chills.

Brandi

Lauren said...

What an awesome God we serve. One who no matter what continually holds us in His loving arms.

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tama said...

Sorry, but I do not appreciate advertising on my blog, no matter what the cause. So, the above comment was deleted.