Thursday, June 19, 2008

6 Months!

Wow, it's been six months! I wish I could say it's been easy or that it's getting easier. But God never promised us an easy life. He did promise that if we sought after Him, and loved Him, that He would make our burdens light and that He would be there in the midst of them.
But truthfully, I feel on the edge of a precipice and hanging on by my fingertips. We have only been home a month from Texas where we dealt with all the medical for two months and are now trying to adjust as a family. The girls are beginning to let their guard down and it is wearing me thin. I know this is a spiritual battle and am asking for all you warriors reading this to please pray. To help lift my arms for battle. I know it can only be won in God's strength.

13 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hi Tama,

I'm praying for you all. I'm sure that life is still not 'normal' yet. Hopefully we can talk soon.

Stefanie

Brandi said...

I have been thinking about you so much lately and my heart has been sad every time I saw that you hadn't posted. . been meaning to email you.

I know life is HARD! Have you ever read this blog http://storinguptreasuresinheaven.blogspot.com/2008/06/things-that-no-one-ever-told-me.html this is her post on older child adoption and the realities the mamas face.

Praying for you. . call me anytime!

Bran

Podium quest said...

Oh, I will pray for you guys. I promise. Cindy & I both will. Along with prayers & God's grace you will get through all this. It probably will be a struggle, but it's more than worth it. you guys are such amazing people. You are a motivation for Cindy & I as parents, neihbors, & followers of God. Thank you. & I sure hope God lessons some of your burdens so you can enjoy the wonderfull things you've acomplished more fully.

Carolyn said...

Hi Tama,
I've been wondering how things have been going now that the crisis mode of the girls medical issues has passed. If you need another ear, please email or call.

Carolyn

Lauren said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

KT said...

Praying Tama!
I think about you all alot, I will surely convert those thoughts into prayers!
KT

Sintari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sintari said...

Hi, Tama.
I haven't been to your blog in a couple weeks, so I just saw your post. Parenting Ruby has been the biggest spiritual battle I have faced. These girls have such amazing stories, and we all have potential to bring Him so much GLORY! The enemy wants to stop us from doing His work. To see us fail. He wants us to respond to these girls with frustration and resentment. We need to hit our knees many times daily and give it to Him. God has entrusted you with A LOT. He will see you through. Praying!
(Oh, and there was a typo, so I deleted my first version of this post. Sorry!)

Anonymous said...

One thing God has taught me and Greg in the last six months is how unworthy, unsavory, irritating and obnoxious that we are, yet God accepts us and loves us...he opens his arms to us, forgives us, puts up with us...continually. We've been reminded of the verse that says: "Matthew 25:40

40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Love, Denise

deniseinSC.blogspot.com

alice said...

tama,

just checking in on you...email me sometime...and just in case you are wondering...i am so tired...it is a battle.

blessings,
alice

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know we are starting a support project for adoptive families in New Mexico. I'd be happy to talk to you about the services that will be offered.

Anonymous said...

Delurking from the Netherlands.

Wondering how you are doing.

Praying,
Tessa

Katie said...

Tama,
You have been on my heart and I have been wondering how things were going.
I would love to hear from ya! Email or call me anytime!!
IT IS A BATTLE!! I have been in it too!! You are not alone!! He is with you and we are all here as your friends and sisters in Christ!
Praying!!!
Katie B