This day was scaring me as it approached. Not that I felt like I would magically be a different person. Maybe it was that I felt like I SHOULD have been a different person by 50.
I have taken on many challenges in the last several years that I seem to have failed or feel like I’m failing.
I have lost several friends and family (5) in just the past 3 months that have overwhelmed me.
My most recent loss was my God-mother, Lois. She passed away on the 11th. Though I hadn’t seen her since we were in Florida for our honeymoon fourteen years ago, going to her funeral and being with that part of my family, brought back so much of my childhood. Watching my mother pass in October and now Lois, it was the end of an era so to speak. I was being forced to close a chapter and it saddened me more than I expected.
So today seems like I have to close the entire book. It’s time to grow up. Time to stop saying “When I grow up I’m going to….!”
Wake up and smell the coffee girlfriend.... you're there!
But my sisters sent me a card with a Maxine cartoon that read:
“If you haven’t grown up by the time you’re 50…
...................................You don’t have to!!!”
So, I guess, as of today, I am officially NOT going to grow up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Dear friend,
Happy, happy birthday!!!!
I am so sorry for all the losses you've been walking through. Praying for healing for your aching heart and that God's faithfulness and love will be shown over and over and over to you this 50th birthday year!!
Miss you!
Much love and enjoy your day!!!
Post a Comment