Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tears

My Mom in September!

My tears are heavy right now and I thought I would fill in the gaps since some of you may not have heard. I went to Florida mid-Sept to help my mom with her end stages of cancer. While there, my dear friend’s husband informed her he no longer loved her and moved in with another woman. All I wanted to do was to be there and comfort her but I was so far away. My mother ended her 5 year battle with lung cancer on 10/16. I was able to be with her at home as she took her last breath. That same day I got word another dear friend who was 45 with 5 children, kindergarten - senior in high school, was nearing the end of her 1 year battle with ovarian cancer. She passed two days after I returned on Oct 25th and we buried her last Saturday (31st). This last Thursday, Nov 5th was Grace's 10th birthday and that evening I got word that a dear sweet sister in the Lord, 32 and a new mommy, succumbed to post-partum depression and took her own life. We buried her Monday (11-9-9). She left behind two sweet girls, a 3 year old and a 4 month old baby. Her husband and our church family are devastated. It all hit me yesterday and I can't seem to stop the tears. I thought they had all dried up but it seems we have ample. Please pray for these families as we seek God’s comfort and trust in His Sovereignty.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears must have a purpose....for washing away those thing we can't make sense of? Your pain is palpable....I hope that I can help carry your load.

Love,

Reb

missy said...

sweet tama, oh how your heart must be breaking...what a trying, uncertain period you are going through. you and all of these families will be in my prayers this morning. so sorry the days got away from me when you were down here. it is an incredibly busy season of life, last week is already a blurr. i would think about you at night as i was lying in bed and purpose to call the next day...then the next day would begin in a flurry. i am so sorry i let that opportunity slip by.

love you, praying for you.
missy

Anonymous said...

Oh Tama I am so sad for you and all the families you have spoken for. May God give you peace and comfort. May God wrap His loving arms around you, your family and all the other families.
Christina

Sean and Lisa said...

Oh my! You've had quite a couple of roller coaster years,huh? My dear friend, praying for these precious ones left behind but also praying for your broken, aching heart. May God comfort you and be your balm as you grieve and heal.
Praying in PA....

Anonymous said...

Tama. I have no words. That is a lot of loss dear one.

Thank you for letting us all know so we can pray.

Spencer Mom said...

Tama, I grieve for your losses, for the losses of the families you mentioned. Life is so hard for so many. I know you trust God to see you through all this. Keep your eyes on Him. Hugs!

Brandi said...

Praying for you and for them...I am so sorry.

Love you,
Brandi

Sean and Lisa said...

Hey Tama,
Just thinking of you today. You are in my prayers!

acceptance with joy said...

So many losses - so much pain! May God give you grace and strength to bear it and to give comfort where you can.

Sending a prayer for you and your family and friends.

Blessings,
acceptance with Joy

Annie Kate said...

May God bless you. I hope you are recovering from the sadness of last year.

Annie Kate