Thursday, December 13, 2007

Appetizers Anyone!

I know…shame on me for not posting. Jet lag and lack of sleep for two days on the plane has wiped me out! I am still trying to put into words all that happened and truthfully I can’t. I have about 450 pictures so I will start with the beginning and jump to the end and fill in the middle in the coming days.

I left my little Grace crying at the airport. Mary Ann had to hug me during security check as I still saw her little face staring at me through the glass. Luckily Mary Ann waved them on to leave and they did cause I was loosing it!

Happy Travelers


I gave the girls Barbies when we got there and it took about an hour for Barbie to be transformed to "Barbie goes to Africa"


I'm going to skip to the end now.
Here is Naomi at Chicago.

We had a 6 hour layover but we felt it best to say goodbye after teaching Jen how to feed her and answer any questions we could. I was loosing it and we felt it best to move on. We went to the terminal where our plane was scheduled to take off and before we walked 20 yard we saw another board and it had changed gates again. So we headed to that gate and saw another board and it changed again. We decided to stay put until an hour before our flight and then head for the right gate.
While waiting Joy and Mercy got their first introduction to McD's!


I saw this sign and thought "Is there a new McTinni?"

We were soooo tired!

We Arrived to Snow

Dan came prepared with the coats

Joy and Grace meet



By the time we got home everyone was sleeping

We were greated by signs from the church welcoming us home and each of the girls had a basket with goodies!

Grace helped with the first feeding

So far the girls are doing great. Joy ripped out her hair do last night and Mercy transformed her once again

It is so cold here that the girls are trying to stay warm. We have a pediatric appointment and will have to go out in our 30 degree weather eventually!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tama. Can't wait to hear your travel story.
Carey

thecurryseven said...

Welcome home! I was so excited to see you are all home. I hope the transition (for everyone) goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! They are HOME.

Thank you for your tremendously loving and unselfish hearts to bring home two children with ongoing medical needs. God will truly bless you for taking care of those that are dear to Him.

-Melodie

Brandi said...

Yeah!!! Thanks for (FINALLY) posting! Beautiful post and pictures!

Brandi

missy said...

This is such good stuff Tama. I'm so glad you're home with your girls. The picture of Grace in the airport nearly ripped my heart out. I left my son like that with my dad too, so I know how heart wrenching that is. Praise the name of Jesus. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Love, Missy

Sintari said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy to see you ALL together! :) This must all be such a roller coaster. I'm praying for you. You're amazing. :)
- Amy

Amber G. said...

Welcome home! I am LOVING the pictures of your smiling girls and their first McDonald's and their new hair-dos... what fun having three girls!!

I'm glad you made it home safely.

Amber

alice said...

loved it all! i particularly thought the McTini was funny. Praying for you.
alice

Anonymous said...

wow tama...congratulations on your beautiful girls homecoming. we are praying for your family.. rachel and ryan (josie's mom and dad)

Blu and Darbi said...

Yay Tama posted!! :) Love the pics and can't wait to hear more. Hang in there!

Love,
Darbi

Christina said...

That's awesome that you got home earlier than expected! Can't wait to see more pics!
Christina

KT said...

Your home! Your home!!!
Cant wait to hear all about your trip! Now get some sleep, because my girls GOTTA get that done to their hair soon :-)
Congrats!!KT

Jamie said...

Wow, how amazing! I love the picture of your two girls sleeping in the car! That is adorable! Can't wait to see more updates!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you and the girls made it back safe and sound. Both girls are absolutely beautiful! Love the picture of the girls sleeping in the car, too precious!

I hope all is going well...looking forward to an update.

Blessings,
Danielle

Pregont Family said...

Tama,
Email me!

angel
apregont@bellsouth.net

Nikki said...

That's amazing. They are gorgeous girls.

Nikki
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com

Diane Larson said...

Tama, Would love to hear more about your time in Liberia and your experiences since you have been home. How are the girls doing?
Diane