Monday, December 3, 2007

We are here. I met the girls this morning and they are excited about coming. I think Joy is probably about 5 or 6 not 8. After warming up to me a few minutes she crawled up on my lap and was playing with my hands and I started talking to Mercy and I looked down and she was fast asleep in my arms for about 30 minutes. So sweet and small. Mercy is shy but she is warming up to me. We learned how to do her feeding tube. They are going to make me do the next feeding! Yeaks. Looks easy enough. Fill a syringe with formula and put it in her feeding tube, then flushing it out with some water. Whala!

It looks like the paperwork may get done by Friday we will know more tomorrow. If so we will try to get on Friday or Sunday's plane. We'll see.

Gotta go!

3 comments:

missy said...

Oh Tama, I am so happy that you are with your girls. I'll be praying for that paperwork to get done and be in perfect order. Praying for everything to go well so that Naoimi can come to sweet home alabama too. Love, Missy

Stefanie said...

Hi Tama - I've been so anxious to hear how things have been going for you. I can't wait to hear more.

Stefanie

alice said...

Tama,

What a beautiful picture of Mercy! and Joy's smile is delightful. So glad you have them. Once they are comfortable with you, initiate ALOT of touching, hugging, a kiss on the forehead, rubbing their back, etc. I had 4 former ACFI teens for the weekend--it was a trip and a half!! Can't wait till you are home!
Blessings to you all,
Alice