We went to the pre-op meeting monday and discussed tuesdays surgery. We decided not to do surgery yesterday for two reasons: 1. The right sized G-tube they were to put in Mercy did not arrive but they had a smaller one but would probably leak for a few days till the skin could close around it. (Yuck, not thanks!) and 2. (this is a big prayer request) Dan's employer has still not gotten them on the insurance! They promised me back on Dec 20th that it would be done by the next day the 21st and back dated effective Dec 10th when they arrived, but it wasn't. This Monday I saw they finally got them added as dependents on the employers website but they send off that info electronically and it still had not been processed by the insurance companies. We are also needing them to get them post-dated back to December 10th when we did all their preliminary doctors visits. However, we had one insurance up until Jan 1st and are now on another. Since we are not dealing with the one any more they may not get them added so we can file those earlier claims.
We have rescheduled for next tuesday the 15th assuming they are on insurance and they don't pull any surprises like "Oh, there is a 180 day waiting period on adoptive children"!
As if adoption isn't enough paperwork, now I have to fight with insurance agencies and benefits department. Keep in mind that in order to deal with each of these people I have to go through 10 minutes each (OK exageration but not by much) of telephone prompts "If this is medical...press 1, if this is" And my blood is boiling by the time I finally get to someone cause all I want is a human being to talk to!!! And the benefits department, because they just switched insurance is slammed and all you can do is leave a message and hope they get back to you within 4 days! URRRGGG! This is stretching me as a christian and I must say "flesh" is surfacing ALOT!
JUST PRAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I can TOTALLY understand how frustrating it is to deal with issues and not speak with someone directly. I will be praying that all goes well this week with the insurance!
Stefanie
You are TOO funny! I HATE calling insurance companies. .it's all so confusing to me and I end up frustrated every time. . but, you know what I hate more than "press 2 for . ." it's "SAY one for" b/c they always catch a bit of my kids screaming in the background and say, "I didn't understand your answer!" haha!!! I know it will all work out. . keep us updated!
Brandi
Post a Comment