Yesterday was the first day I have really started to get emotional about the whole thing. Several other adoptive parents who have been there and met the girls told me a little about them and it was the first glimpse I have had into their characters. It began the well spring of tears and emotions (kinda like those weird hormones at the end of pregnancy). I have felt a little heartless (mechanical) all along, good or bad it was kinda like God has protected my heart and now the well spring of emotions are starting to trickle. I hope by the time I travel I will just ache to meet my girls.
Here are their comments:
Your girls were great. Mercy was very cheerful and pleasant, and made a point to come over and introduce herself. She sat in one of the chairs and wanted to know about myself and family. She was full of smiles and very easy to talk with. I think she will love having someone to sit and talk with when you are together.
Charsletta is absolutely a doll! She played well with all the kids. There was only one little "situation" that had to be dealt with, and that was because one of the other girls called Charsletta a bad name. She told the nannies, and they took care of it. The girls hugged and then played again. I don't think I ever saw her without a smile. She would run over and give hugs and just chat away. I didn't understand a lot of what she said, but that didn't stop her. Honestly, I didn't even know she was a "special needs" kid. She looks very healthy, and runs around with the other kids. The care those kids get is amazing. They are very well taken care of and get lots of love.
Both your girls are very sweet! I was able to talk and play with them. Mercy taught me how to "comb" my child's hair into a 'fro. Charsletta "platted" (Liberian word for braided") my hair. It was very fun to get to see them, and you are very blessed to have them. They both seem happy.
Oh Wow!!! So you haven’t even met your daughter, Mercy, yet. You’re in for a wonderful experience. She is a very loving, gentle, and patient person. She also has a great deal of courage. At the time we met her, she was a walking skeleton. Mercy has strong fruits of the spirit. She is so very loving, gives grand hugs, and is quite intelligent. She is full of kindness, soft spoken, and self-controlled. I’m glad she is being adopted by your family.
:o)
As you can read I have some great girls coming home soon and my heart is beginning to ache!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment