“We want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity” 2 Corinthians 8:1-2
Adoption is such a ride…emotionally, spiritually, physically! We started out wanting 2 healthy little girls younger than our daughter. Looking back now I see how God had other plans and orchestrated so many events to change our perspective. My husband and I have been going through Crown Financial Ministries 10-week study. In fact the first night I was late as I was sitting in the driveway of the home we were meeting in because Donna at AOH was calling to tell me the information she received on Mercy. It was the first time I learned what had happened to her. Each week the study touches on a different topic. Debt, Counsel, Honesty, Giving, Work, Investing, Perspective and Eternity (if you ever have a chance I highly recommend the study). But recently, about the fourth week into the study, some issues came up concerning Mercy that made us start questioning wither we should be bringing this teenager into our home. Then another issue came up personally and my husband and I really had to reconsider what we were doing. As we talked we realized that adoption at this time was not a good idea. I was crushed, but knew I needed to support my husband in this decision. A few hours after our discussion I began to pray ”Lord this isn’t about me, or my desires or wants. This isn’t about my husband or his fears. This isn’t about what others will think of us if we bow out now. This isn’t even about the girls and their needs. This is about You Lord, and what YOU want. This is about You being Glorified. This is about us being molded further into Your image, so Lord I pray now… please open the door wide, or close it shut tight. We want what You want Lord. We trust You!” A few hours later I checked my email (which I do about 5 times a day) and I began to weep as I saw the Lord speaking so directly. Email after email was downloading on my computer all from one source. PayPal. I have it linked to my fundraiser page for the girls and when donations come in, it sends me a notice as to who and how much was given. Keep in mind over the past several weeks we have gotten maybe 4-5 donations (and 4-5 since). Here, before my eyes, from the last several hours, were over 34 donations totaling over $1000.00. And when I looked who they were from, I was stunned... Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, England, Canada and of course, the US. It’s not that PayPal downloads their giving reports at one time. They are the moment one comes in a notice gets sent to my email. People from all over the world, responded to a prompting, divinely given. And our Crown Study that week was on, you guessed it…Giving! And as I study the principles of giving, that it all belongs to God anyway, I realize that giving to the Lord becomes an act of worship! But many times when we are obedient to give, and especially giving in the spirit of joy, sometimes we don’t’ see the other side…the side were God is using those offerings to directly and purposefully answer the prayers of those who earnestly seek Him. Those people in Norway, The Netherlands, Germany, England, Canada and the US had no idea I was weeping before the Lord asking Him to make it clear to us what He wanted in this adoption, but HE was prompting their hearts and I know will bless them for their acts of worship.
As I sat there and watched those gifts come in I knew at that very moment that God was answering our prayers. He was giving us a directive. He was telling us purposefully…"I WILL PROVIDE! I have heard your earnest plea, and I want you to move forward and trust that I will take care of you."
As Paul wrote in Philippians 4:17 “Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account” In the world’s eyes, this adoption makes absolutely no sense. Two very medically needy children who will consume a great deal of time, energy and financial recourses. We must be crazy! But God sees beyond this world, He sees through the eyes of eternity.
To all who gave to us or are going to give…thank you! Thank you for your obedience in the prompting of the Holy Spirit and in your act of worship, and like Paul, I seek for the profit which increases to your account!
We have proceeded in the adoption of Mercy and Joy and today are waiting on their finalization and passport. Many adoptive parents have been waiting months for this and feel guilty that it is happening so fast for us. Acres of Hope is walking this through because Mercy is weak, she is dying. It is imperative she get to the states to get her strong and healthy. I know God has mighty things planned for these girls. He brought them this far. He has worked in the lives of so many to make this come about. We have a great responsibility ahead of us, to raise them in the admonition of the Lord. We can’t wait to see what the Lord is going to do but even if we never see the reasons this side of Eternity…we will praise Him still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
PTL! God answers prayer! He loves us and desires to complete His good work in us, in His time! Doesn't this process teach us so much? We are still waiting for a referral so I know from following others' stories that we have exciting times ahead. Thank you for standing strong. Thank the Lord for His encouragement. Thank all those people for being obedient. I Thes. 5:16-18
Wow! Praise God. What an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness. Praying for you dear sister!
Love,
Katy
I love your story. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they come to the U.S. What great stories you will have for us all.
dear Dan, Tama and Grace,
I am looking for a way to contact you, but since I live in Luxembourg (Europe) it seems to be impossible to find your e-mail address.
Would you please respond to mine?
warmest regards
Astrid
Would be helpful if I write it down :-)
grossj@pt.lu
Astrid
I can so relate to your story! We weren't sure how we could afford to adopt a child, but God led us to adopt three. He has provided for every dime we needed. Our story is on my blog.
See 'Our Adoption Story'.
Post a Comment