Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm Goin' Ta Get Ma Girls!



Can Joy smile or what?

It's official! I am leaving on Saturday and arrive in Monrovia Sunday the 2nd. There are only 2 hour layovers on each leg and just 3 hours in Brussels which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for flight delays.
Here is our Flight Plan:
Dec 1 Saturday
Leave Albuquerque 7:10A
Arrive Dallas 9:50A
Leave Dallas 11:45A
Arrive JFK 4:10P
Leave JFK 6:15P
Dec 2 Sunday
Arrive Brussels 7:45A
Leave Brussels 10:40A
Arrive Monrovia 6:40P

Leave Monrovia on Wednesday the 12th
Leave Monrovia 7:50P
Arrive Brussels 5:40A
Leave Brussels 10:45 A
Dec 13th Thursday
Arrive Chicago 1:00P
Leave Chicago 6:55P
Arrive Albuquerque 9:00P

FYI... Monrovia is 7 hours ahead of Mountain Time!

Please pray for paperwork, embassy appointments, and travel to go smoothly.
There is a possibility we will escort another little girl home who is Joy's best friend and also has swallowed caustic soda. I will be traveling with a nurse and who better to help take care of her. Pray her paperwork goes well too!

My friend, the nurse is Mary Ann! I met her in my single days when I was babysitting some girls who wanted to go to the park. We did and met a lady reading a book and her little 5 year old boy (who is now 19 and huge!). What a divine appointment! She is from Louisiana like my mama and can she cook Cajun! She is not only a nurse...she is currently a gastro nurse. I mentioned to her about going, kinda feeling her out to see if she would be interested and the next day she calls to tell me she expedited her passport and it should be here in 2 weeks. Yea right! It took me 5 months to get mine! Sure enough 10 days later it arrives and she is so excited about going! She is an amazing woman with a level head...I'm going to need that!

Dan decided to stay home for Grace's sake and due to medical issues. Dan has had blood clots in the past and flying that long was not recommended by anyone with any medical know how! Pray for him and Grace to adjust to a new schedule.

So, I am busy getting all my documents gathered, Power of Attorney's notarized (to sign in Dan's absence) 4 trunks packed and just all the little details of arranging for Grace while I'm gone I can think of.

I will try to post when I can find Internet access so...stay tuned!

6 comments:

blessedmommy said...

Praise God!! What great news. We will be praying for safe travels and that all goes smoothly once you are in Liberia. Joy looks so happy and Mercy looks like she has gained weight. How blessed they are to have a loving forever family to take care of them. God is so good.
In Christ,
Melissa Arnold (AOH family)

Brandi said...

Yeah!! Can't wait to see you! And, meet your sweet girls!

Bran

Welcome to Jen said...

Yeah Tama! Bring our babies home girl!!

Luv ya,

Jen

Anonymous said...

yea, you go girl!! Greg and Tyler will see you there!!!! Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

Yay! At long last (well, not really that long, just longer than you though!) the girls are coming home. I can tell from the new pictures that Mercy has finally gained some weight. She was so sick I know she was having trouble keeping it on. She's starting to look pretty! Look for size 10 girls pants for mercy in knit fabrics with draw string. Charlesetta should be size 6. Maybe you already know this...just thought I'd mention it! You know where to find me for anything else ;-).

-Melodie

Sintari said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!
I am SO excited!!! Yippee!!! I can't wait to talk to you. I miss you. I'm so happy you're getting your girls! Call me when you get back. I should be home by then. You guys will have SUCH a Christmas. I LOVE YOU!!!!
- Amy