Thursday, November 15, 2007

Prayers Needed!


Sweet Smiles of Joy!

Prayer request #1
So this is what I know...
We are waiting on Charlesetta's passport and it should be arriving any day. As soon as that is done, AOH staff will take both of their files to the US Embassy. When that is handed over, the Embassy issues a Case File Number(CFN) and at that point interviews can be set up for the biological families. We are hoping to set up appointments on separate days than the 2 allotted times given to the agencies per week. We are hoping parent interviews can be set up the week after Thanksgiving or the first week of December. If that interview goes well, we set up my interview for the next week and get on the next plane available to make it in time! So we are looking at getting them home by the 15th of Dec...22nd at the latest. (SEE PRAYER REQUEST #2 BELOW)
I have peace! Peace in a God that wants these girls home and healthy!
In fact, my pediatrician called this morning to tell me she has spoken with the Ped's Gastro and Ped's Surgery who will team up to do the girls esophageal scans and they are ready and waiting for me to let them know when our arrival date will be. They will get them in the day after we arrive.
I feel the nesting instinct, end of pregnancy, thing going. We got the girls rooms ready last weekend. I picked up my two trunks from Walmart today and have packed those. They are 58lbs each. Gotta get them down to 50 to avoid overage! I have two more to pack and will distribute better. There is a case of Ensure/Pediasure in each that takes up 15 of those pounds.
The only thing I have to finish up is my document book. I need to take copies of pretty much everything I have ever submitted and then some. If even one document is not present at interviews, I can magically make it appear!

Prayer Request #2
My Mom
After nearly a year of weekly Chemo treatments (3 on/1 off,MRI rotation), my parents spoke with her oncologist today to review Monday's MRI and it showed the cancer has shown a 30% increase in her lungs. She will meet again with him the first part of Dec to discuss treatment options after he has had time to do some research. The ones left are possibly experimental and therefore not covered under Medicare. My mother is not sure she wants to continue. Her 80th birthday is Dec 19th. I had made plane reservations last March to be there for the occasion. I am torn!
Pray for her as she makes the difficult decision to continue to fight or to let the cancer takes it's course. The doctors had given her 6-18 months to live with treatment nearly 3 years ago. She has amazed us all! She is a tough ole Cajun Gal!

Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying with you....

Oh, whenever we do travel, Greg is taking 15 lbs. of pedia sure over.love, Denise

Danielle said...

She looks fatter in this picture! What a lovely smile. I pray for your girls every day:)

Blessings, Danielle